Thread: What’s the .gov and .edu websites all about?

Default What’s the .gov and .edu websites all about?

The sites that end with “.gov”, and “.edu”. These “.gov” sites are related to the government, and the “.edu” sites are related to education; Google considers these sites to be of high importance, which is why they give off so much weight and have extremely high PageRank.

In a nutshell, getting several “.gov” and “.edu” backlinks will contribute to your PageRank tremendously, more then just a regular link, or PR6 link for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by w3bmaster View Post
    There are not that magical as people think ...

And PR is just a number waste of time

All that mathers are RANKINGS

Regards
    I wouldn't completely write off PR. While it doesn't have much value, and for the most part is just a number (confirmed by Google), it still holds weight. PR is used to a degree to calculate rankings. I agree, though, that rankings are far more important.

PR is important if you plan on selling advertising space on your site. People are willing to pay, and pay a good amount, to get links on high PR sites. So, it does have its benefits.
    I Make Anywhere from $500.00 to $4283.83+ per month with my
    Online Paycheck Blueprint, and I want to show you how. Hidden Content at Hidden Content

A link that is placed in a position where people interested in your type of site can see it is the best type of link. It does not matter about the tld unless we are talking about country specific tlds.
    Hidden Content (my main site)

Because all these are authentic sites. I don't think so its easy to get links from these sites. Its all myth.

Quote Originally Posted by 3oltan View Post
    I don't think so its easy to get links from these sites. Its all myth.
    Far from the truth.

Now, obviously you're not going to be able to get a link from every .edu and .gov site that's out there, but it's not hard at all to get quite a few links from these sites. You just have to know how to do it.
    Online Paycheck Blueprint, and I want to show you how. Hidden Content at Hidden Content

its all about google algorithm but you can stop putting backlinks for your websites. you have to manage it even after knowing about the fact of .gov and .edu websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mater View Post
    Far from the truth.

Now, obviously you're not going to be able to get a link from every .edu and .gov site that's out there, but it's not hard at all to get quite a few links from these sites. You just have to know how to do it.
    Can you tell me how to link a site from a .gov and .edu site, this can be a good help in creating backlinks to my site, knowing the fact that Google usually prioritized government and education sites. Care to share the knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by allisonays View Post
    Can you tell me how to link a site from a .gov and .edu site, this can be a good help in creating backlinks to my site, knowing the fact that Google usually prioritized government and education sites. Care to share the knowledge?
    A lot of sites allow you to create a free account. In doing so, you're provided a free public profile that others can see, including search engines. Most of the time you're able to create a link, either in a bio section, forum signature, etc.

It can be tricky, though, as not all sites allow you to create links or even create an account with a public profile.

I highly recommend that if you want to get these kinds of links, that you check out a blog post I wrote here: http://www.replaceyoursalary.com/wor...nks-each-month.

In short, I subscribe to backlink services that provide details on where to get high PR backlinks and how to go about creating the links. These sites also include .edu and .gov sites.

Hope you find it helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mater View Post
    Far from the truth.

Then is there any tips or techniques in doing so? Since those are mostly authority sites, it is not easy to get links from them unless you make them believe that it is beneficial to them if they offer you the links.